It was an energetic evening in Vancouver last night as Air Canada Vacations (ACV) officially kicked off its third annual DreamMakers Sun Collection launch in Vancouver.
More than 300 agents attended the sold out event, beginning with a trade show featuring ACV’s partner suppliers, a product update presentation, followed by a surprise performance by hip-hop artist and Juno Awards nominee Karl Wolf that got the crowd up on its feet.
ACV Managing Director Nino Montagnese welcomed the group on this special occasion. “Today is Air Canada’s 80th birthday, and we are launching our Sun Collection in Western Canada. So you are the first to receive our brand new brochures!”
The thick glossy catalogue features more than 700 resorts in 40 sun destinations, one of which is Sandals, the evening’s title sponsor. As an exclusive launch offer, ACV will be paying 15 per cent commission on all Sandals bookings made by Oct. 1.
"We have been in partnership with ACV since our inception in 1981," Winston Chang, Sandals’ business development manager told the audience, "and as Sandals continues to evolve with bigger and better offerings for your clients, please make ACV your designated partner when selling Sandals."
This year also marks the fourth anniversary of Rouge. In his presentation, George Platanitis, ACV’s VP of sales and partnerships, highlighted ACV’s achievements. Now with a fleet of 49 aircraft serving more than 100 routes in five continents, Rouge has carried 16 million passengers and has enjoyed double-digit growth in most Canadian cities. Continuous expansion includes new routes from Toronto to Cartagena, Belize and St. Vincent, and high speed internet is now offered on all aircraft. “We keep bringing you more and more, to drive value to your customers, and to make it easier for you to work with us. You are resilient, resourceful, and we appreciate it!”
The following is a summary of ACV’s offerings as highlighted during the presentation by Platanitis and ACV’s Western Canada general manager of sales, Marigold Frontuna:
- The ACV product line is divided into Family, Spotlight, Boutique, Spa, Luxe, and Adults 18+, offering something for every traveller type.
- A separate Top Picks brochure features 50 preferred resort chains with 60 properties across Mexico and the Caribbean.
- A Luxury Collections brochure will be released in November.
- The Europe 2018 brochure will be released in December, will over 20 air-inclusive packages partnered with Contiki and Trafalgar.
- Sun packages departing from Calgary, Edmonton, Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver will include an eight-day Park N Fly coupon, valued at over $200. Bookings must be made by Oct. 31, for travel between Nov. 1 through April 30.
- ACV’s CareFree Plan, which includes advanced seat selection, price drop guarantee, StormGuard, and $50 waiver on administration fee, is now priced at $49 and is commissionable.
- The price drop guarantee will refund the difference up to $800 per couple should the price drop after booking – commission will be protected at the original price.
- Winter packages booked by September 30th will be entitled to an Early Booking Bonus(EBB) of $200 per adult and $100 per child.
- Groups are now bookable online, with minimum eight passengers including children over two years. Group amenities include free seat selection, reduced deposit, and free air seats and rooms. New AC Jetz private charter flights, complimentary site inspections, and a $500 resort/excursion credit are attractive amenities to close incentive group business.
- ACV’s USA program features packages to California, Florida, Hawaii and Las Vegas. An EBB of $200-$300 per couple is available for bookings made by Oct. 31.
- The Go Canada program will feature ski packages ranging from three, five, or seven nights, including lift tickets.
- ACV’s cruise program includes $0 deposit for air add-ons, which is refundable and changeable up to 30 days prior to departure, and next port protection. The CareFree Plan is also now available to cruise guests.
- With ACV & Me, agents can earn points towards discounted or free travel, Aeroplan points and other perks, based on the number of passengers booked.
The ACV Sun Collection launch continues to Calgary, Halifax, Montreal and Toronto throughout next week.
Juno nominee Karl Wolf entertains the crowd